Friday, April 24, 2009

Pig surprise for new Burbank home owners

My buyer clients, Shane and Stephanie, recently closed their purchase of a house on Pass Avenue in Burbank. Yesterday, they learned from the neighbors that the house had previously been used as a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig rescue sanctuary! One of the previous owners kept anywhere from 15 to 20 pigs on the property at any time -- and kept it secret from the City of Burbank, too. Nice work. We wondered about a 1-foot deep hole dug in the backyard and what it had been used for. I'm now guessing that it was a pig wallow. While I am surprised, I'm always happy to know that some humans are kind enough to protect animals. And my clients are waiting for a stray pig to come to their door some day and ask for sanctuary.

1 comment:

  1. Facebook works, Judy!

    I like reading a little good news in your blog, versus what I hear every morning on the radio. I have a question for you: We have a commercial property for sale and will be renting out the old family house in Northern California after the summer. Is it true that soon capital gains taxes are going up to as much as 50%? (This was a warning I got from a doomer-gloomer in the family.)

    BTW: Any little piggies show up yet?

    ReplyDelete