Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back from the South

I'm back from my trip to Savannah, Charleston and the low country in between those cities. Loved the residential architecture in the historic city centers. The historic preservation people in those cities must run them with an iron hand. Of course, the ability to get tax credits for restoring historic houses does not hurt, either. Lots of homes are for sale and naturally, they are very very expensive. There went my hopes of picking up a pre-Civil War 10,000 square footer for $60,000 -- prices seem to start around $2 million and go up from there. I did notice many new planned developments between the cities although most were hidden by forests -- I think developers are aiming for the retirement market. All in all, a very interesting trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment