Monday, February 03, 2014

Another discovery in my new Studio City neighborhood - Stout Burgers and Beers

One of the things I love about my new Studio City neighborhood is its many dining choices.

My latest "find" is the Studio City location of Stout Burgers and Beers.  By now, you're probably thinking, "Please God not another gastropub" But this one is different.  First, the burger I had was terrific.  This place grinds their own beef every day and the superior quality is evident.  The burgers are better than Umami.  Really.  And not too pricey -- most of the burgers are $10 or $11.  Of course, there are more beer choices than you can shake a stick at and -- be still my heart -- they're only $4 during happy hour!!! The wine choices are very good for a gastropub and I had a very good Spanish red for only $8.  The husband had a veggie burger which was okay but a little crumbly.  Service was great, the room has a nice ambience, great place to watch a game, etc, etc. If all this isn't enough, they even have a parking lot. I'm not being snarky; parking lots for restaurants are rare in Studio City.  The lot is small, though, so get there early before the valet shows up.

Stay tuned for other local finds and please feel free to tell me about your favorite places in the east Valley.  Anybody know of a good drive-through car wash in SC?

No comments:

Post a Comment