Friday, January 13, 2012

Cutest house of the week, in Echo Park! But my clients didn't get it. Bah.

This is 1801 Bellevue in Echo Park and it's the cutest house I saw this week.  It's a rehab/flip, and it's adorable.  It has 3 beds, 2 baths, a den, a separate studio, and an oversize garage plus a front and back yard.  It also has been really well-staged, and I'm crazy about good staging.  I know that some people don't care for Echo Park, but this street feels really safe -- it's a cul-de-sac at both ends.  Recently, the community has attracted many buyers who like both the traditional family housing stock and the urban feel.  Plus, the city is re-doing Echo Park Lake.

Enough about how great this is.  Here's how our transaction went.  Or didn't go.  The house was listed at $499k. It received 10 offers right away.  One was from my very well-qualified buyers.  Unfortunately, the bidding went up to (and maybe passed) $550k and the sellers took another offer.  Damn. Damn. Damn.  My buyers are disappointed but will live to fight another day.  I'm disappointed, too -- this is something I would have bought if I were (much) younger and wanted the neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment