Saturday, July 10, 2010

How my Toluca Lake condo short sale is going, Chapter 4

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you may recall posts about my short sale with Chase bank.  I rep both the buyer and the seller on this Toluca Lake condo, and we had a complete package (all seller financials, all buyer financials, offer, etc.) submitted at the end of February.

Anyway, we finally had a negotiator assigned in May, he asked for a few more pieces, and verbally told me at the end of May that we were approved for the short sale purchase.  Yay!  Time for dancing in the streets!

Note the word "verbal." Even the negotiator has to kick things upstairs for a final sign-off and that department issues an approval letter.  Nothing can happen until the letter is received by seller.  The negotiator has expected the letter any minute -- for the last five weeks. 

One thing did happen.  After three weeks of waiting, "upstairs" kicked the approval out unless I agreed to halve my commission.  What's a Realtor to do?  Unhappily, I agreed of course.  And we got reapproved.  Verbally. 

Then, no letters could be issued at the end of June or the beginning of July because it is the end of the fiscal year and all Chase employees had other responsibilities.

So we're still waiting for the letter.  Seller, buyer and escrow are ready to close.  Jay, my Chase negotiator, and I talk every day re status.  I have his number memorized.  I know the names of his kids. 

To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. My experience with Chase short sales has only been negative. And that is saying something since most short sales aren't much fun. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting, detailed post. Thanks for the info about Chase and its short sale behavior. I heard the same thing about them on another transaction.

    By contrast, one agent told me that Wachovia is quite efficient about short sale processing. Not sure if that's really true. Just anecdotal.

    It sounds like you're doing everything you can do to make the deal happen. Looking forward to the exciting conclusion of this particular sale!

    ReplyDelete