Thursday, July 30, 2009

All sorts of funky new lending rules are about to take effect -- or not

Update 7/31/09: Apparently, what follows only applies to Wells Fargo home loans at present. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have instituted all sorts of new regulations for loans that they buy -- which is most property loans that are made. I don't have many details yet, and I don't think many lenders do either. For FHA loans, an investor-seller had to own the property for at least 90 days before an FHA buyer could purchase it. That makes sense -- we don't want the government guaranteeing loans that only benefit flippers. Now, however, it looks like the 90-day rule will cover ALL non-jumbo loans for all single family homes. I have a dog in this fight as one of my current escrows is a gorgeous flip that has only been owned by the present seller since June. I represent the buyers. Stay tuned for more details, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment