Thursday, April 03, 2014
Five ways to lose weight while house hunting
Let’s all multi-task and combine our two favorite activities, weight watching and house hunting, shall we? Here goes!
1. Run, don’t drive, between Sunday open houses. It will help to map them first. Stay hydrated while you do this.
2. Skip dinner and see a new listing every night instead. Do NOT stop at a bar on your way home to drown your sorrows.
3. Skip lunch on days when there are broker caravans (Burbank has theirs on Thursday from 9:30 to noon; the rest of the San Fernando Valley and L.A. have theirs on Tuesdays and Fridays.)
4. Stop buying food and use that money to pay down your consumer debt, thus raising your FICO score. High credit score = low scale score.
5. Get so neurotic about the home-buying process that you can’t keep any food down. This is called home-buyer bulimia and it’s my favorite.
Depending on your search length, you can lose between five and 40 lbs! Seriously, if you need a new home, call me – I can help. I can’t really help on the weight loss but you can come to Weight Watchers meetings with me.