Sunday, September 30, 2012

Real estate discovery of the weekend: Leimert Park

Yesterday, I found myself in a Los Angeles neighborhood that I've never been to before: Leimert Park.  This area is in south central L.A., and is close to both Baldwin Hills and USC.  The residential streets I saw were lovely and incredibly pristine -- much more so than most similar neighborhoods in the SFV.  No weird add-ons, consistently well-landscaped, etc.  The house above is an example of one the homes I saw for sale; it's on Norton (okay, true crime fans*, does that give away what I was doing there?)  The city of Los Angeles and its neighborhoods just continues to amaze and delight me.

*I was on Esotouric's "Black Dahlia" tour.  Poor Elizabeth Short's body was found on 39th and Norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment