Saturday, June 09, 2012

13137 Margate, Sherman Oaks is closed

13137 Margate is a darling Mellenthin in Sherman Oaks and is now owned by my buyers, Sang and Anh.  The escrow couldn't have gone better -- yes, real estate miracles are possible.  First, the house is adorable, redone, and in a terrific neighborhood. There were several offers, but Sang and Anh were obviously the prevailing party.  But then it appraised for over their sales price!  That's rare, and makes us all feel so much better, yes? 

Then, even though it wasn't a high-down-payment transaction, Mike Hartunian of Prospect Mortgage got this loan done and closed in 3 weeks without being asked.  Way to go, Mike!  We had stellar cooperation from listing agent Jay Schoenfeldt of Brick and Mortar R.E., too.

I don't want to paint an entirely rosey picture though.  Sang and Anh and I were on the hunt for over a year.  We all got to know each other so well that they even became friendly with my husband. (Sang gave my huz an electric guitar in December which has changed huz's life for the better.  My life, not so much.)  This was the 3rd house they really liked that they could afford and the 2nd one that they offered on.  And of course we were looking at a lower price range when we started.

I'm looking forward to sitting in Sang and Anh's new backyard later this month and saying, "Sang, please pour me another."

No comments:

Post a Comment