Saturday, September 10, 2011

House, er, townhouse of the week in Toluca Lake

This is 4354 Cartwright in Toluca Lake.  The picture doesn't quite do it justice.  It's a 2 bed, 3 bath, 1380 sf. with an attached direct-entry 2-car garage, a loft and four -- yes, four -- decks or patios.  Two of the decks are roof-top and have views.  The building is mid-block away from busy streets and is in a nice residential neighborhood.  You can even walk to Firenze! Or the BMW dealership on Lankershim! Or St. Charles!  And if all that isn't enough, it just had a price reduction to $349k.  And the hoa is a low $230 a month.  I'm very impressed by this townhouse complex -- so much so that my husband and I made an offer on another unit here for ourselves last November (alas, we were outbid.)

Now for the bad news: it's a short sale.  But if you're willing to wait out the process, you'll have a really nice unit.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Wow..looks nice. So with the price reduction I take it that is the going rate out there? I thought T. Lake was more in the 450k for that size.

    If that was a end unit I might have been interested. End unit could get me to accept the drive to Century City..could..I think. LOL

    TonyM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, I'm surprised that the th is priced that low. The one we made an offer on in November was a little bigger (and was a nice end unit) but it went out at $420k. I hate to say it, but I think a lot of the price reductions we're seeing out there are due to lack of marketing on the Realtor's part. The days are gone where all a Realtor needed to do was toss a property onto the mls to sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:32 AM

    I'm glad the days of simply tossing a property onto the MLS is all it takes are ending. Weed out the amateurs looking for the easy money by opening doors vs the professionals like yourself.

    A good real estate agent is worth every penny a incompetent one usually ends up costing money or simply frustrating oneself to no end. :)

    TonyM

    ReplyDelete