Thursday, February 05, 2009

Status on my Bank of America refinance

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that my husband and I are refinancing our home through BofA. We are not asking for any cash from our equity; we just wanted to take advantage of the great rates. We applied last month, got a great rate, and it seemed super simple. It was supposed to close tomorrow.

Well, no. Frustration has set in. Earlier this week, it appeared that all of our supporting documentation (tax returns, etc.) had been lost. It took six phone calls and about an hour and 20 minutes to straighten that out. I just received my "welcome" phone call -- a month after I applied -- and it was my second "welcome" phone call today. Apparently, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Oh yes -- BofA will assign a processor this week. Since the late closing is their doing, they will mercifully extend our rate lock.

More news when there is some.

No comments:

Post a Comment