Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I just re-fi'd my own house for 4.375% plus points

Update: Well, maybe it wasn't so easy after all. I received a call on 1/9 saying that our re-finance is not yet approved. No telling if/when it will be. I'll keep you posted.

I walked into my Bank of America branch today to ask about re-financing our home. Twenty minutes later, I walked out with a loan lock. The application was taken via computer. Not to sing BofA's praises, but it couldn't have been easier. And my rate is 4.375% plus 2-1/2 points. Total closing costs, including points, are running at 4%. Okay, that's high. But I'm only re-financing $91,000 (we bought a long time ago), and I'm wrapping the closing costs into the loan. It will add an additional $11 to my loan payment every month.

I was surprised to get a commitment without offering any documentation. This was all done with our credit scores. I'll report more as this processes and closes.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! lucky you! not to many people being able to do that right now.

    ReplyDelete